What we do at Prairie Veterinary Dental Services
At Prairie Veterinary Dental Services, we provide gold standard veterinary dental care. We know that leaving your beloved companion in the care of anyone other than yourself can be intimidating and stressful. We meet with you and your companion prior to scheduling their dental procedure so that we can create a treatment plan together. We acknowledge that everyone’s budget is not the same, but we will never cut corners or offer substandard care.
Every PVDS patient receives a comprehensive oral health assessment and treatment (COHAT). This includes full mouth intraoral dental radiographs and examination of all structures in the mouth including tongue, tonsils, teeth, and mucosa. This examination, including dental radiographs (or x-rays), is critical to properly assess an animal’s oral health.
Most dental disease is under the gumline and therefore not seen with the naked eye. Dental radiographs assess the pulp chamber (living portion) of a tooth, the tooth root(s) and the surrounding bone. Without the information they provide, dental disease including tumors, impacted and fractured teeth will be missed.
- Dental Consultation and Treatment Planning
- Dental Prophylaxis (Complete Oral Health Assessment and Treatment) Including teeth cleaning, polishing, dental radiographs and fluoride application
- Treatment of Dental Malocclusions
- Treatment of Feline Stomatitis
- Treatment of Gingival Hyperplasia
- Endodontic Therapy (Vital Pulp Therapy, Root Canal Therapy)
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Oral Tumors
- Prosthodontics (Crowns, Restorations)
- Periodontal Therapy
- Oral and maxillofacial surgery (including jaw fracture repair)